Young Leadership Development Program
About the program
Young Leadership Development Program is the exchange program design to motivate and shape young people to take responsibility of their own lives. This program has brough over 21 young leaders since it started, beginning in 2013, for leadership training, academic work and mentoring. It created unique opportunities in King Sabatha Dalindyebo to put those new skills to practical use in propelling economic growth and prosperity and strengthening democratic institutions.
In June 2013, 21 Young people come together in attending the intensive six-day leadership program run by Social Change. The program aimed at bringing back issues of moral regeneration, ensuring that young people take their own responsibilities.
A Young Leadership Development Program covers the following topics:
- Introduction to Leadership;
- Health, HIV/AIDS and Self-Awareness;
- Community Development;
- Team Work and Team Building;
- Personal Growth and Planning and
- Community Service Learning.
Issues on the commission that will be discussed include the following one
- Leadership & Governance and the Challenges of African Development
- Leadership, NEPAD, the African Union, and African Progress
- Poverty Alleviation, Inequality, Social Justice
- The Power of Ideas, Intellectualism, Research, Innovation & Creativity
This year, Social Change aims to run another Young Leadership Development Program workshop from 13th – to 18th July 2020, bringing together 30 young people across Nyandeni and aimed at covering the whole OR Tambo district or province on YLDP2015 depending to the availability of funds.